Nowadays, long distance relationships have become commonplace. Love Possible At A Distance It is not only about relationships with a foreigner, where lovers are separated, in addition to kilometres, by borders between countries. Often, due to life circumstances, couples live in different cities, in different parts of the country. The reasons for this, as a rule, are professional prospects, frequent and long business trips, work on a rotational basis, etc.
How to cope with separation from a loved one? Is it possible to keep feelings at a distance?
The disadvantages of long-distance relationships are obvious and do not need additional attention. Instead, we would like to focus on the positive aspects and ways to survive separation from a loved one, to make it less painful.
- The most important thing to understand is that separation is a temporary stage in a relationship, which means it is not a reason for despair. It is impossible to have a long-distance relationship all your life , and at some point the time will come to decide on the next step in the relationship.
- The correct position regarding temporary relationships at a distance: from each life situation, you should try to make the best for yourself, the best for the relationship. Separation can be beneficial and positively affect the development of relationships and the self-development of partners. Time spent without a loved one is an occasion to once again think about relationships. Time to get bored, to understand how much you value your man, to think about what is paramount in your relationship, and what are empty little things that do not deserve attention. After all, this is a time for yourself and for self-improvement. Time to do things that you put off “for later.” Take care of your inner world, for example, start learning a foreign language or read a book for which there was not enough time. Pay attention to caring for your appearance, go in for sports, perhaps change the image. A loved one will appreciate your efforts and desire for self-improvement.
Long distance relationships need certainty.
- Separation is easier to survive when there is confidence in the future and certainty about a new meeting. Bring this certainty – agree on the date of the next meeting! Knowing the date of a new meeting, it will be easier to wait for it, there will be something to rejoice at and what to strive for. Plan a new meeting with your loved one, this gives additional motivation and allows you to enjoy the anticipation of a long-awaited meeting. triptogether.com
- It is easier to survive separation for couples in whose relationship, in addition to physical, there is also intellectual attraction. Such couples share common interests, they are interested in talking with each other, sharing thoughts and impressions. Without free and interesting communication, and in the case of relations with a foreigner, and communication in the same language, it is difficult to survive separation, it is difficult to maintain feelings and interest at a distance. Daily communication creates a sense of unity, helps to feel that you are “living” moments of life together, despite the distance that separates you.
The disadvantages of long-distance relationships
- Negative emotions, fears, insecurities, openly shown to a man, will not help to maintain relationships at a distance. Most men think rationally. This also applies to relationships. This feature is most pronounced among the Germans. If a German man does not have the opportunity to change the situation in the near future, then the suffering of his beloved may become a reason for him to think: is it worth continuing this relationship if they bring her so much pain?
Before moving on to the next topic and highlighting. The specifics of virtual dating and long-distance relationships, we would like to quote from the work of the Russian writer Alexander Kuprin “Olesya”: “Parting for love is the same as wind for fire: it extinguishes a little love. And inflates the big one even more . You should treat long-distance relationships as a test for feelings and seriousness of intentions. If a couple could not keep love at a distance, then that was destined to happen. Because true love can survive a temporary separation and the reward for the couple will be a happy future triptogether.
The specifics of dating foreigners on the Internet – Love Possible At A Distance
Dating online is very different from dating in real life. If in real life, we can relatively quickly evaluate a man, his intentions and the possibility of a relationship with him, then for virtual dating this will take time.
Real relationship with a foreigner begins only after a real meeting
Having met an interesting foreigner on an international dating site. You can feel sympathy for him and even catch fire with interest in relationships with him. However, it should be understood that not seeing a man. Not knowing him in real life. There is a great danger of idealising a man and possible relationships with him. In other words, it is easy to “in absentia” fall in love with a dream and endow. A man with those qualities that you would like to see in him, but which he does not possess.
RELATED ARTICLE: Why Date Online? | I Found Love on an Online Dating Site
Until the first real meeting , acquaintance, “relationships” develop and remain virtual. For this reason, it is worth controlling your emotions and not allowing feelings to cross. The reasonable line, so as not to hurt yourself in the first place. Only after the first meeting can one judge whether real feelings and relationships. Between a man and a woman are possible. It is possible to talk about feelings, about falling in love. However, it should be understood that these feelings are partly illusory and will remain so until. They meet in real life, until the expectations are tested by a real meeting.